Welcome to the Educator’s Resources Page!
All our place-based, interactive, hands-on programs are designed to encourage students of all ages to feel connected to the Fraser River. Our team of fantastic, knowledgeable school program volunteers are ready to make your trip to the Discovery Centre an interactive and memorable experience. See you soon!
All of our River School programs are designed in conjunction with the new B.C. Curriculum and can be booked here.
On this page you will find the following:
- Pre-Visit and Post-Visit Activities
- My River My Home Resource Kit
- Educator's Guided Tour Booking Request
- River School Satisfaction Survey
For more information on any of our River School programs, Curriculum Connections, or other educator’s resources, please email email@example.com.
Pre-Visit and Post-Visit Activities
Our pre and post visit activity packages align directly with the River School program you have booked, and are free to use. Educators can download the package and work with students prior to the field trip, helping introduce them to the important Fraser River topics. During your visit, students will be encouraged to share their current knowledge with our leaders, engaging in discussion and using critical thinking methods to analyse the subject. Our post visit activities offer students a chance to re-purpose what they learned at the Fraser River Discovery Centre, keeping students inquisitive and interested. Pre-visit and post-visit activities encourage links between classroom content and field trips, reinforcing knowledge and emphasizing its importance.
- Click here for the From Pollution to Solution Pre and Post-Visit Package
- Click here for the Trading Trail Pre and Post-Visit Package
- Click here for the Our Bones are Made of Salmon Pre and Post-Visit Package
- Click here for the Inspired by the River Pre and Post-Visit Package
- Click here for the Living Dinosaurs Pre and Post-Visit Package
- Click here for the Taking the Pulse of the Fraser Pre and Post-Visit Package
For suggestions on how to use or modify an activity in the package, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educator's Guided Tour
Educators, on your next Pro-D Day plan to have some hands-on fun with our popular River School programs and learn how they are designed to integrate with BC's curriculum. Bookings are free and educators are encouraged to visit with a group or individually. We can accommodate up to 35 educators at one time.
Please arrive on time for your Educator’s tour, as the tour will begin promptly. The tour consists of a look at the exhibits in the galleries to understand the links between exhibits and programs, followed by a presentation on each of our River School programs, upcoming programs at the FRDC, and a Q&A session.